Sometimes I blog. Sometimes I don't. Deal with it.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Looking Back and Looking Forward

With only a couple of hours left in the day, 2014 is quickly drawing to a close. It has been a year of both highs and lows, both on a personal level and in the world at large. Some of those world events, such as the Ferguson situation, hit a little too close to home. 

Even though that SNL skit was hilarious:


But for the most part, 2014 was a good year for me personally, and that’s something I can say without any doubt. There have been bumps along the way, but I have managed to make the most out of things and had a very eventful, productive year.

I’m currently on Winter Break, and don’t go back for a couple of weeks still. Some of my friends who still are in High School go back on Monday. I pity you, I truly do. Have fun learning while I sleep in.

Speaking of sleeping in, I drafted my schedule for next semester, and I couldn't be happier. It gives me new challenges, but also a lot of time to get things accomplished and to enjoy myself.


In all the chaos of finals week (BTW, shout-out to Taylor and Zach for popping in to surprise me with a visit; you da real MVP's), I missed the finale of one of my favorite late night talk shows, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. If you never saw it, it was truly a ridiculous, but special show, and I'm sad Ferguson is leaving. He's a comedic genius, and the final episode is hilarious (especially if you get all of the throwback jokes like I do). Thanks for 10 years of entertainment, Craig. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.



Hopefully, this new semester, and 2015 overall, will be another great period of time in my life. Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment